Motherhood-Photography-Storytelling

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unique....


glitter-graphics.com

All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself. ~Ralph Ellison, ">

Psalm 139:14 (New Living Translation) Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

This is a word that has been used to describe me my entire life. One word that I have not really, truly accepted, for deep down inside I have always just wanted to be like everyone else, for it would be much easier that way, right? I mean the clothes I wore, my way of seeing things, my personality, all the things I should like about myself. But, I found it difficult to fit in with people, but at the same time I had many friends and was in the "popular" crowd in high school and even with all of those friends I still felt alone and struggled with my identity.

(20 yrs later)- The thing that I used to hate about myself is now something I am beginning love and truly appreciate. I believe that God decided exactly how I should be...and I know that he will use everything about me for his good! I have gotten many prophecies over the years saying " stopping trying to fit in, God made you just the way you are", and as I look back on those words I received I feel so good that God created me in his image and made me different from everyone else...I believe that is a gift too.

So, as I get "comfortable" in my own skin and start loving everything about me....I am finding that I am a little less serious, uptight and can relax in the moment. I am really excited about my future and ready for all the things God has in store for me...2010 is a year of "change" for me and I have accepted the challenge and will grow in every way possible.


"...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

Jeremiah 29:11




No comments: