Motherhood-Photography-Storytelling

Saturday, May 29, 2010

News - ( no I'm not pregnant..lol)!

I took the leap &  got my DBA ( Doing Business As), which of course is the 1st step of many.   I wanted to start a new blog/website & wanted to have my own name for it! Plus, I thought it might give me a push in the right direction. I decided on  'Tin Bucket Photography' - I really think it's cute, fits me & my style, completely! :0)

A very long time ago, my dream was to do photography & of course like 'many' other things, it was forgotten due to life! However, it's funny how a 'passion' you have can find you again & I'm glad mine did :0)


I know I have a LONG way to go, I have ordered many books, have an awesome camera, etc & hopefully a class or 2 is in my future!   I do think I have a 'natural' talent for it :0)!   Also, a book for Photoshop CS3  will be arriving soon!  I started reading a book on my new camera & I'm excited about all the new settings I'm learning :0). Now it's time to practice, practice & practice!


I was looking @ my photos the other day & thought, they look as good as some professional ones I've seen - yes, I'm patting myself on the back...lol! (someone's gotta do it..hehe)   I haven't quite decided the direction I want to take, I have plenty of time to think about it,  cause with Rylee doing anything as far as appointments, etc would be hard...until she's a little older (if I have help with her, then it's possible- just will take some planning on my part).  But, I know the more time I take practicing & become more knowledgeable the better I will be.


I do need to take more than Rylee..lol- in order to have a more intersting Portfolio, but I know it will get there! I'm just excited about something again, & it feels good!


Well, until I become a 'GREAT' photographer...I better get to my laundry...hehe!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Excited about your journey ahead and the opportunities that await! :)