Motherhood-Photography-Storytelling

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Career Woman to Housewife/Mommy....

I never actually wanted children, I always said I would work & be successful!   Then at the age of 25 I became pregnant & everything changed for me,but unfortunately I miscarried at 4 1/2 months which was devastating.   That pregnancy was not planned & at the time I was not married!   After that experience it would be 8 yrs before my life would be truly complete! I married my husband 4 yrs after the miscarriage  ( the same person I was with at that time)& we decided to wait a while before planning to have a family.......but my every thought was consumed with having a baby.  When we finally decided to try and I was so discouraged during the process, but my 90 yr old granny said something profound to me " when your heart & your mind line up you will get pregnant", oh how she knew me well!!   For I had some things to work on with me before it would happen!  I always thought it would be so easy once we started, I mean it is easy for everyone else, but the difference for me is GOD has my life totally & completely in his hands & he was the only one that knew the right time for me!



(2 years later).........And then there was Rylee!!!  Words can not explain the most precious gift from GOD that I was to receive on December 10, 2008.   My world & what I thought about everything "completely" changed! It was like for the 1st time in my life I felt whole!  How could I have not ever wanted this??   She is the sweetest little baby in the world, with the cutest personality I know!  Becoming a mother would exceed any job or career I could ever have!



As far as my career, which was 10 yrs in Property Management (traveling & moving for the job) would just be over just like that!  The stress, the money, the recognition & my work friendships!  What a difference becoming a " stay @ home mommy"  would be!   Motherhood is by far harder than any apartment complex & staff  I have ever been in charge of! Instead of starting my day off with staff meetings, eviction letters & phone calls from upper management, it now was VERY early morning feedings, stinky diapers, feeling absolutely exhausted from NO sleep!  Loads of laundry, dishes & housework that I had a "good" excuse from not always getting done before,  which was " I work" just like you do ( I would say to Keith).  Oh & cooking " what me, are you crazy", I'm WAY to exhausted from work...lol!  That's funny I thought I was "tired" then!



Well, my job was "easy" compared to trying to get everything done with a small one in the house & I have to say " honestly" it's take about 1 yr to fill like I'm getting the hang of being a "housewife".  I do occasionally miss my office & having adult conversation & writing that hard " monthly owner's letter" but I wouldn't trade getting to spend everyday waking up to the prettiest smile in the world, Rylee pulling my hair saying "momma"...trying to wake me up @ the crack of dawn!  I call her my little "rooster"...lol!



So even though I don't bring in the $$$ anymore & use my brain  @ an office, I am happy about my choice to finally become a " Mother"!



And by the way.....we are trying for #2!!

1 comment:

Aunt Ditty said...

Trying for #2 is great! I know Rylee will enjoy having a little brother or sister to play with!
I Love this Blog..you are so talented. I wish I knew how to do this...it is great! I love you all and think about you everyday..:)love, aunt ditty..:)